The March/April training is filled and now closed to registration. The next training will be held in September/October. Please check the website in mid-June for information about dates.
Just a reminder that this training is for working with victims of domestic violence. It is not the training for the batterer intervention programs. Everyone who completes the course will receive a certificate needed to work or volunteer at a domestic violence shelter agency.
The course includes but is not limited to:
- An overview of domestic violence
- LGBTQ issues in Domestic Violence
- Substance Abuse and Domestic Violence
- Legal issues
- Housing/Public Assistance/hotline
- Domestic Violence and Disabilities
- Trauma Informed Services
- Survivor options
- Effect of domestic violence on children
- Abusive teen relationships
- Cultural Competency
For further information please email Judy Gordon: firstname.lastname@example.org